Saw someone post this picture on my dashboard, and it made me go “Woah. I want green apple ice cream.” New flavor I’ve never tried. So I’m tempted to make some myself, google’d the recipe, and found it along with the picture I originally saw on my dashboard.
Now to spread some joy! Definitely trying this ASAP for cooling down on hot summer days :)
Green Apple Sorbet
Makes about 1.5 litres (6 cups)
750g (1.6lbs) granny smith apples, unpeeled, cored, and quartered
juice of 1/2 a lemon
250ml (1 cup) water
375g (1.5 heaped cups) caster sugar
3 teaspoons calvados, optional
1/8 teaspoon liquid green food colouring, optional
- Place the apples, lemon juice, water, and sugar in a medium saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Cook the apples until they are extremely soft, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Once the apples have cooled transfer them to a blender and blend until the mixture becomes a smooth puree. Strain the mixture through a fine sieve.
- Stir through the calvados and green food colouring, if using. Refrigerate the apple mixture until cold.
- Remove the mixture from the fridge and churn in an ice cream machine according to the manufacture’s instructions.
- Once adequately frozen, transfer the sorbet to a container, cover tightly, and place in the freezer for a minimum of 4 hours.
How easy does that look? I absolutely cannot wait to try this. :)
Let me know how yours turn out!
(recipe and picture found here)
(Source: , via tumblrgym)